Heaven on Earth
6 [Christ] raised us up with him and seated us with him in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
We have not yet been raised and seated with Jesus in heaven, but He has given us a few glimpses of Heaven here on earth.
Yes, this is ultimately fulfilled when we leave the walk of this world to be forever with Christ, but we must read the verse again for the blessing of “seated us with him in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” is now. Consider some of these heavenly places.
1. We have, “passed from death to life” (John 5:24)
2. We have been called and adopted for, “we are God’s children now” (1 John 3:2)
3. We are secure for we, “were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 1:13)
4. We are safe for, “we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ” (1 John 2)
5. We pray and our prayer is sung by the Spirit before the trinity of God in the language of God for, “the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words” (Romans 8:26)
6. We are overwhelmed with His love for with paper of flesh, ink of blood and a pen made with nails He says, “Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” (Isaiah 49:16)
7. We do not seek death but we very much anticipate leaving this apartment house of flesh for, “we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:8)
8. We are now eternally His for He proclaims, “They shall be mine … in the day when I make up my treasured possession” (Malachi 3:17)
Fellow servants of God, He has “raised us up with him” and He has “seated us with him” for we now, continually and eternally rejoice with singing of praise for we reside “in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”. It is a good day for worship.
Questions To Ponder
What act of obedience do we practice in the church that shows a picture of what is described as having happened to us who have been saved?
What should our position be after we have experienced salvation?
Scripture Memory | April | Ephesians 1:7
“He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.”